AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-324

1. 2,148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5791
    Some people actually attended the GM meeting where Patrick Flint answered this exact question. Here are some summaries from Dec 2017 of the meeting pointing out that 2 years was indeed the time frame stated:

'
    The road upgrade is expected to be complete in 2 years from now.​
    - Robleeway (link)

'
    The road to Manono will have 2-3 tolls to pay for maintenance (and presumably a tidy profit). The drive from Lubumbashi currently takes 1-1.5 days in the dry season, or up to 10 days in the wet. Once the road is complete in ~2 years time, the trip is expected to take 10 hours. The road will cross 3 rivers, with each bridge having a load capacity of 15-20 tonne. I believe it was mentioned the trucks out of Manono will weigh 10 tonne.​
    ' - ConcerndCitizen (link)

A thread discussing much of this is found here:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/agm-on-29-november-in-perth.3843374/page-4#.WsYMQUxuJFQ

I'd add that there is information available on the road locally.
    map_main.png

In summary, the rehabilitiated road is somewhere near Kiubo. The aim is to reach Mitwaba before next wet season and Manono in 2019. The bitumen would start from south to north and could be done co-currently as the last sections up north are being rehabilitated (actually, the bitumen was already started a few years back from Luambo and will be continued). This road btw has been upgraded a few times, so its not like they are making a new road here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.