AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

It's a pretty brief analysis of AVZ's investment potential....

1. jl
    44 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    It's a pretty brief analysis of AVZ's investment potential. Seems to be based on reasonably up-to-date information but I didn't fact-check anything.
    Overall he's pretty sceptical of AVZ as an investment, primarily based on the amount of finance required, cash burn rate and risk of further dilution. I thought the analysis was pretty superficial and wasn't overly impressed.

Disclaimer:
    1. I'm not a native German speaker
    2. My German is pretty rusty
    3. Don't attack me for what's written here - it's just my best translation (and they're not my opinions)

[Starts with AVZ Minerals]
    Provides a basic overview of AVZ and states that its most important project is Manono
    [AVZ corporate video playing while he speaks]
    What makes the Manono project special is that it's currently the largest deposit of lithium precursor raw materials in the world
    AVZ currently holds 60% interest in the project but according to the company it will increase to 75%
    States that 75% sounds great, but we need to dive a bit deeper... [this is where he turns negative]
    The project is still a long way from ready
    Provides some caution on what is shown in the company video: the infrastructure (roads, buildings, electricity through the hydroelectric dam) still need to be constructed
    States that according to CEO, 50% of financing is secured, with further interest from Saudi Arabia, China and EuropeConditions not ideal for AVZInteresting is that AVZ is now a member of the EBA
    Project is really interesting but is still in its infancy
    Neither infrastructure or finance are secured
    Advance payment of 500K and the deal for a further 15% will be lost if finance is not achieved within 12 months
    [Turns to AVZ's finances - specifically the cash situation]
    [Talks through the 8.8M balance, 1.8M cash outflow, injection of cash from Yibin, 14.2M balance - don't shoot me on the numbers here, I just skimmed them and of course we all have access to them anyway]
    Enough cash to last another year
    Expresses caution about the 'finance 50% complete' statement
    Expresses view that costs will continue to rise, the amount of financing required will take a long time to secure, requiring more cash injection in the interim, leading to further dilution
    Says that it's a very exciting project but he would not personally buy the stock
    States that an important angle is that the company is committed to building local infrastructure (roads, buildings, electricity), so by investing in this company, you might consider to be helping stranded villages, which may be an argument for one's own decision to invest
    [the rest of the video is about Global Li-Ion Graphite Corp]

I hope that helps you @Kevinl

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.