AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I think talk of a capital raise is ridiculous at this point and...

1. GD4
    129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    I think talk of a capital raise is ridiculous at this point and I think that this is the prime time for an offtake agreement !!!

When you consider that the supply chain for the most part has been tied up by Chinese interests up until now, and the fact that we now have anti China sentiment, there should now be pressure on supply to some extent for the future.

Also consider that Europe with its government incentives for EV's for most countries as part of the Covid 19 recovery, will have increasing demand for EV's and are starting from a relatively low base.

If China have tied up a large percentage of the world's Lithium and then fewer countries want to use China to process the Lithium into batteries, then surely this must an increase in demand. When you think about it if China (hypothetically) has say 50% of supply of the world's current supply, and no one wants to use them for battery manufacturing then that leaves 50% of the worlds Lithium for other countries to reach net zero emissions under the Paris accord. Surely this increases demand for the other 50% and in particular, demand for significantly high quality, and in large quantities from limited sources, particularly demand from a region like Europe who is coming off a low base.

I would be very interested in opinions from the forum in particular Scarpa, Roller, Royal Viking, SY and others on offtakes. I have done some research but can anyone tell me does an offtake have a floating price? Is it tied the price of the Lithium over time. Does a floating price have a floor price and a ceiling price.

If a particular offtake does have a floor price, then wouldn't it make sense that a party that was looking to secure supply in an economic environment where China have locked up supply (that you don't want to use), and demand is growing in a massive market who is starting off on a low base like Europe, that they would want to lock in supply.

For example if Lithium was at a price of say $400 (hypothetical) now which most people are saying would be at the bottom of the cycle then it would be much easier to lock in a floor price of $400 now when the price is at $600 in the future.

We are also awaiting the test result in Canada which will open up a new market for our product and this could be the last tick for another offtake.

The other issue is finance, and I would once again go to the forum and ask the question does the SEZ create "sovereign risk guarantees" for financiers. I have tried to research this and in some countries it does, but I can't find anything concrete in the DRC.

If the SEZ does create `a position for financiers to have less sovereign risk then this game changing IMO.

Nigel mentioned that he has had interest from traditional and non traditional lenders and has turned down finance for the full amount because it was not in the best interests of SH's so maybe waiting for the SEZ.

For what its worth I think Nigel's last small caps video makes sense. His timeline of March to be purchasing the additional percentage is a fair assessment if we can keep timelines which might be difficult in Covid times.

Our exploration licence doesn't run out until December 2021 and it appears that the SEZ will supersede the exploration licence and we have 10 months before payment is due on extra percentage, so no need for panic. Also note that we have cash reserve's that will see us through until at least then

If we get one or more offtake's over the next 4 weeks (which I think we will), SEZ by January ( what govt department gets anything done this close to Christmas), SEZ completion opens up lending to traditional lenders to compare with non- traditional lenders which would allow for completion of finance and payment for additional percentage.

Thanks for anyone who responds both positive or negative but please make it factual so we can all benefit.

Good luck to everyone and please do your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.