AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-3606

1. 8,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7998
    Mistie, be wary of what oil companies write. The above statement from Total is completely wrong by my estimations.
    There will not just be 20 million EVs on the road by 2030, but more likely more than 20 million EVs added each year well before 2030. I would think it more likely there is more than 200 million EVs on the roads by 2030.
    IMO the oil companies just don't want to see the change that is coming.

In regard to your earlier post on the market cap per tonne of resource, it is better to compare the first 3 with each other, as they have mines and processing plants up and either operating or nearly operating, whereas the last 3 can be compared because they are still at the exploration stage.
    When I looked at some similar type numbers the other day, I went back in time for PLS to see what the Mcap to resource value was when they were still at the exploration stage. Basically trying to compare like for like.
    Also in the case of TAW they deliberately drilled just enough to get the mine started, they have plenty of more drilling to go, so their resource size will rise over the next year or 2. (I don't hold TAW, just follow what is happening)

While the resource in Manono is gigantic, the initial JORC and the first upgraded JORC will not reveal the true size, as it will take many years of drilling to prove it all up. Proving anything more than 500 million tonnes would be a waste of effort in the next decade, as 500Mt gives enough for a 20Mt/a plant for 25 years.
    The only real purpose of drilling in different areas after the updated JORCs, apart from mine planning perspective, would be to search for some MUCH higher grade areas.

I would not be surprised if there were some areas with the odd hundred million tonnes of better grades than Greenbushes. Given the good high grades already discovered, the question then becomes is it worth it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.