AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

“Personally, I think the Chinese will just take AVZ”i think you...

1. 1,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    “Personally, I think the Chinese will just take AVZ

i think you just wanted to avoid being seen as another happy clap pumper, yes?

My research shows, 4 years running and they (Chinese) haven’t managed to take Manono/AVZ, can you explain why it will happen now? Dathomir could have just sold all its %s to Chinese interests. It didn’t happen. Why?

I think some geopolitics needs inserting here. For some time China scooped up assets in DRC, the BRI was a great thing (Sicomines agreement was born from that), both those activities one in DRC had been in the decline for a few years now, and one reason is the USA can not afford to let China take the mantle of pre-eminence there.
    I’m not saying either way the US will succeed or not, but it is very just opening trade corridors with the DRC. For example AGOA. Do remember it was in the US that Congolese lobbied intensively. The Power is in Washington. Beijing has some. And, Felix Tshisekedi never flew to Beijing to kiss the ring, on the contrary his focus is EU relations.

the BeLt Road initiative (BRI) despite many successes is also faltering through debt and failed policy with it. China’s empire building has not been clearly a win win as it likes to imagine. The Congolese no doubt have PTSD from relying on anyone power. I think Australians are most welcome there. The SEZ progress is a clear sign. What have those IO companies in Congo Brazzaville done? MMCS all over again, always a whinge that govjfnrnt has done wrong. When in fact it would do graft harm to a country to act as some assume they did, corruptly.

Also note Congolese are being shown a lot of interest diversified interest, not least Andrew Forrest turns up with interest in refining lithium. Perhaps lip-speak, but the billionaire was there seeking business in a Post Kabila era

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.