AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-3895

1. 186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 204
    arent BNBT and CATL technically competitors?

Huayou in essence locked in as the DRC miner due to shareholding, as well as their relationship with Dathomir (extremely important) as well as airguide.

Tinci already has a very strong relationship with CATL, situated basically next door to them. Experienced with processing raw materials for battery production

Huayou + CATL + Tinci

(a seriously strong team, big money pool between them. This would comfortably dominate the market. A 2bn takeover is chump change for these guys considering the leg up this would provide for the next century)

vs

Huayou + BNBT +??

(BNBT chinese government relations could prove beneficial, my thoughts arent as clear with this path)

Alternatively, we could have all players in the game in the form of JV and/or offtakes, theres enough garbage for everyone

Personally, I see a takeover as a waste of money for these companies. Spending 1 or 2 billion to acquire the asset does nothing for the purchasing company. If however, a company is to purchase this, logically it will be Huayou as they dont need anyone to progress the asset. It's best to form a joint venture whereby a long-term relationship is established and monetary contributions go directly to the development of the asset.
    Last edited by Has15: 14/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.