AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-3969

1. 8,982 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8305
    Hi Dom74,
    "AVZ has Dathomir (major shareholder) forking out $285m to fix the main road and is well underway.
    Dathomir are also forking out another $45m to rebuild the hydro site."

I don't believe that to be correct. Going back through announcements by the company, nowhere is it written that Dathomir will provide the funding and build the infrastructure. Instead there is this type of statement, going back to the very beginning of the project....
    "Dathomir and Cominiere have agreed that Dathomir will facilitate the rehabilitation of the road from Lubumbashi to Manono and the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station."

Facilitate does not mean putting the money in. I assume it means "to make something possible or easier", to quote directly from a dictionary, but nowhere have I read that Dathomir are spending the money.
    Most of what Cymon stated I think is accurate. A lot of people went in very deep (and have made lots) from this huge resource so far. However it is not going to be a get rich quick scheme from here. There is a lot of work to be done in one of the poorest and most corrupt regions of the planet. It will take TIME and a LOT of money, but the resource is well and truely worth it.

There are hundreds of billions of dollars worth of lithium and tin in Manono. This resource will be mined, but IMO NOT quickly.

Just for those that think the world has plenty of lithium supply, I think they need to look at the big picture. At some point in the future, maybe 1, 2 or 3 decades away, ALL new vehicles will be electric. The whole world will be using electricity and some type of storage. If there is 100m EV cars/a built, assuming an average 60Kwh of storage, then something like 5.4 MILLION tonnes of LCE will be required just for the cars. When you add every other use, you probably triple that number, so the world will be needing around 15 MILLION tonnes of LCE/a.
    Lithium will become one of the required base metals, and referred to in those terms sometimes soon.

The Manono resource will be needed and mined, with the initial 2Mt/a plant quickly becoming 5, then 10, then 20 or more. A great deal of infrastructure will be needed and developed in the area. Long term the Hydro part will be upgraded greatly to provide the power necessary for a Hydroxide plant to be built, not just the initial 32 Mw but by necessity into the hundreds of Mw.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.