AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-41072

1. 1,441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 878
    1. I didn't miss the point of your argument. I concluded my post by quite succinctly agreeing with you and stating that selling all our planned production to China is still a positive outcome for AVZ.
    2. The onus is not to prove that the default position - honouring a contract - has happened. The important point is whether or not the default position is not adhered to. Honouring an agreement is expected and typical - I don't need to prove that it happens and if it happens it's not really a big deal. Breaking an agreement is not typical and therefore when it happens it has significance.

If you want examples of Chinese offtake partners not honouring floor prices in contracts just go and look at AJM.

SO - if you have some relevant examples of European companies not honouring their offtake agreements, please point it out. I'd be very interested to know and will take that information onboard in my own assessments.

As for being racist....What did I say here that was racist? Chinese companies being more likely to, lets call it 'force a renegotiation of terms' is not racists. I've stated the facts above as to why I believe this is the case. Even still, this in itself is not racist. More-so, it could in fact be considered a better understanding of the cultural differences in how companies do business. Go and do some further reading before you assume that everyone works the same way and so me saying otherwise is 'racist'

China vs Chinese companies - well if you want to be a pedantic prick go for it but it doesn't make a strong point, just makes you look like you're seeking a rant for it's own sake. I used the same language when talking about 'Europe' - didn't call out specifically "european companies". That's implied. When talking about offtake partners and factoring in geopolitical issues, this language is entirely appropriate.

Can you even be 'racist' to a company? If you're talking about the people, well then the control from the CCP is probably even stronger than the point your trying to make about companies. If you're talking about companies, well the fact of the matter is that state-owned or not the CCP maintains much greater control over companies than western counterparts.

I've supported my opinion with evidence, and the only judgment I've made is what is of the most benefit to AVZ, so don't know how you can make an accusation that it's racist. You'd be unbelievably naive to think there's no geopolitical considerations at play for AVZ. But the tone, lack of properly formulated arguments, and unfounded ranting about racism leads me to believe you probably know this and are just trying to stir the pot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.