AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-41099

1. 1,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1241
    Its fine to discuss this. Completely agree, that's what the forum is for. Not trying to shut down discussion. Just offering a different view. A more long term view.

A lot of my shares are in stall mode. They'll come good. I'm not worried.

For example, my best performer, ADN, only just rose above the peak it'd set November last year. Its now in the ASX300. So far, I've got over a 600% return since May 2020. If I'd focused on the daily SP, I'd have failed to take joy and gratitude in what is a brilliant investment. Not suggesting people shouldn't set stop losses, or monitor the SP. Just suggesting they don't invest emotionally in the daily SP movements.

Same for AVZ.

Without the long quiet periods, the SP surges wouldn't deliver an adrenaline rush. That's the price of admission. Long periods of boredom, with short bursts of excitement. I think some investors become excitement junkies, hoping for a regular hit. Well, it doesn't happen that way. And if you go looking for it, chances are you'll end up worse off. Impatience is the enemy of good financial decisions.

Bottom line is, if you don't trust the company to deliver a result, don't invest in them. If you do trust them, then leave them to it, and the SP will follow in good time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.