AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-42321

1. 348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    No intention to stir up anyone or upset the cheer squad in this forum.
    I tend to agree with G70 that the BOD got no skin in the game (their hard earned) and pay themselves generously with free shares on top of their juicy monthly pay cheque. (Not sure whether Nigel will be a Andrew Forrest or Mark Calderwood at the end of the journey)
    The signing of offtakes is the easy part (basically it is a non financial agreement/commitment), the crucial step is getting the funding to get the development going.
    It is a big, big hurdle to get any financial entity or consortia to stump up/ commit hundreds of millions of dollars to develop a mine in Africa considering all the obvious risks and challenges.
    No doubt, the resources is huge and of high quality but the risks and challenges are huge, especially those beyond the control of the BOD--sovereign risks, security risks, transportation risks associated with the conditions of existing infrastructures in various adjoining countries where the products need to trepass.
    For sure it is a very high reward investment if everything fall into place, but it may also turn into custard.
    If, (I said a big if) no funding (full) is secured by say, July or September, what is the option for the board have apart from milking a few more months of pay cheques and bail.
    Remember, high risk can be = high reward or can be = 0 reward.
    Anyone who put more than 20% of their portfolio in this stock need to make an appointment and get their head examine.
    Good Luck and hope to see funding secured in the next 3 months

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.