AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-43200

1. 1,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1173
    One thing that's not being mentioned here in this thread today when investors are talking about cash burn and a potential CR, is the upcoming purchasing through deposits of required long-lead items - which will be needed soon to prevent any timeline snags once things get up and running.

yes we may not need to do any more drilling in the next quarter, but as such there remains some potential for other substantial outlays. This could make things uncomfortable if financing discussions drag on - or if the government takes longer than anticipated to approve a ML (after it is eventually submitted).

NF says in today's release that he's confident of getting funding, and I have to take that at face value. So that's in the plus column. However one of my main current concerns is that a diminishing stock of cash on hand could provide considerable leverage and bargaining power to prospective partners seeking to place the equity component of the funding packaage. Especially given the likelihood that one of these may be behind orchestrated shenanigans in recent months in pushing down the SP - facilitated by low volume and a general lack of interest and confidence in AVZ on market. This has meant that while other lithium plays have soared, AVZ will need a major jump of around 30% just to get back to where we were, which is frustrating. I think though we can certainly achieve this and more though in the not so distant future dependant on news - particularly those major pieces of de-risking that we are all eagerly waiting for.

When getting dispirited it's worth going back to Elpha's recent outline of impending newsflow, which if you can ignore that in traditional AVZ style a lot of it is overdue, is a truly exciting list. I have faith in management to deliver, though hope to see this faith backed up with further (timely) deeds in coming weeks and months.

Onwards and upwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.