AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-44011

1. 13,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2796
    spoofing the buy sell spread

nooooo, all good, so many want to get out

at 99 cents,,,,

Seriously such a joke sometimes

Blind market but IF it is CFD provider - this issue has been done to death with ASIC and ASX
    Problem is a CFD provider is merely two parties off market making a bet between themselves
    Nothing wrong with that

Problem is CFD providers seem to be able to hedge or influence the primary market / hedge with no notice to influence the outcome of their off market bet.

Only in OZ

Now imagine, I make a bet with a bookie on track for a horse to win at Randwick, I slap down 20000 and he gives me 10 to one....kewel

Race starts, Bookie walks out onto track and smashes my horse in race and it falls over and comes last

no wooooories, I lose my bet with the bookie on a race, as he goes out and interferes with the outcome

Seems fair right?, lol,,,but effectively same thing happens with CFD providers,,,,,,,they can hedge in the primary market a transaction that is not actually part of the primary market - hence why these sorts of products are actually allowed in most other major markets

Anyhoooo them the rules,,,personally I think they are still somewhat stupid and interfere with the normal function of the primary market

So take that into account, look at depth for anything unusual, deduct it and then come up with your own actual buy sell depth before making a decision to buy or to sell
    Last edited by sydneyguy: 10/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.