AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-45168

1. 4,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    You've obviously never dealt with Governments? Ponderous at times barely describes the way things can get tied up in knots. I deal with them every day and you have to navigate:
    1. Contrarian procurement rules that are often in conflict with each other
    2. Internal rivalry for funds
    3. Multiple stakeholders with competing agendas
    4. Competitors that claim higher level attention (think in this case that perhaps copper companies would always get in the Minister's door quicker than we can)
    5. Fine details always take longer, the last 20% of the close takes 80% of the time.
    6. Territorial issues - here there is a major push for new credibility by the government in Kabila's traditional stronghold. That brings with it a whole raft of competing political issues. How does the SEZ bring voters onside with the government?
    7. The tendency of all deals with government to push to the end of a half year or quarter to wrangle the best deal/concessions. Its just their nature when dealing with commercial enterprises who live and die by reporting periods.

So, pretty fair for mine to set a hopeful date but fully understand why they might have to wait a little bit longer for the SEZ sign off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.