AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-4763

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5566
    My Mistake ...appears it was a newzealander... According to Wikipeda

"...
    In 1922, Ibn Saud met a New Zealand mining engineer named Major Frank Holmes. During World War I, Holmes had been to Gallipoli and then Ethiopia, where he first heard rumours of the oil seeps of the Persian Gulf region.[2] He was convinced that much oil would be found throughout the region. After the war, Holmes helped to set up Eastern and General Syndicate Ltd in order, among other things, to seek oil concessions in the region.
    In 1923, the king signed a concession with Holmes allowing him to search for oil in eastern Saudi Arabia. Eastern and General Syndicate brought in a Swiss geologist to evaluate the land but he claimed that searching for oil in Arabia would be “a pure gamble”.[2] This discouraged the major banks and oil companies from investing in Arabian oil ventures.
    In 1925, Holmes signed a concession with the sheikh of Bahrain, allowing him to search for oil there. He then proceeded to the United States to find an oil company that might be interested in taking on the concession. He found help from Gulf Oil. In 1927, Gulf Oil took control of the concessions ..."

What has this to do with AVZ you say? Well the Klaus is the mining guru, the Oil field equivalent is Manono /Kitotolo with a life time resource available and he is seeking interest from Chinese /American interests it appears. Demand for cars was then explosive much like demand for all things Battery related now:- Cars, Boats Trains bus Home storage etc

A lot of parallels ..So did anyone make $$$ from the Arab Oil?

All is IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.