AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Hi Pas,Thankyou for your contribution and I hope you are very...

1. GD4
    129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    Hi Pas,

Thankyou for your contribution and I hope you are very correct in that a JV partner or equity stake holder could be purchasing a stake through Dathcom.

AVZ announced on 24/06/19 that it had purchased a 5% stake which is payable within 36 months of signing the agreement.

AVZ also announced on 21/09/21 that it had agreed to purchase a further 10% which was payable within 12 months of signing the agreement.

With this in mind if we were to do a JV or equity stake by transferring shares out of Dathcom, then surely this would have to happen prior to when the percentage stake needs to be paid for on the 21/09/21, in order to get around the FIRB policy so that they JV or Equity partner can hold more than 10% and have a potential seat on the board.

I also note that AVZ had to demonstrate where the funding was coming from in the mining licence application, so would this just be the DFI's or potentially the JV or equity as well.

My point is that the DRC government, who may have already agreed to terms for the SEZ, may well be aware of the potential to transfer equity through Datcom and hence they have a vested interest, as a stake holder themselves, and would be aware of the timeline for issuing the Mining Licence as it to maybe a prerequisite of the JV partner or equity stake holder.

It could also be why the DFS was delayed and would be an obvious reason for not finalising the additional percentage at this point in time.

I hope you are correct as that would mean all of this could happen prior to end of September which would massive for all of us.

GLTAH
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.