AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-5063

1. 8,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8159
    @Scarpa , great post and analysis. I pretty much agree with everything you have stated in regards to management providing an expected path forward, we definitely need it. However the 2 Mt/a starting plan is not that bad IMO because of initial Cap costs, and the points that @kcheers raised on "The road to Manono" thread.

IMHO it is going to take time to get everything in place, and being 2500km or thereabouts from a port will need some type of rail solution for large scale development in the 5, 10, or even 20Mt/a future. That will certainly take years to develop, and there are no concrete plans for it yet, just talk.

Also, IMHO the "we-are-looking-for-TO-offers position" type of talk has been wrong from day one. It smacks to me of "desperate seller" so only low ball T/O prices should be expected. The alternate approach of going full bore towards development is by itself more likely to bring higher T/O offers or a JV buyout if that was the path chosen.
    I'm afraid I have never been a believer of grabbing a massively valuable resource, and flipping it quickly for a profit. The real money is made long term in developing the asset.
    Those that are prepared to cut a lot of slack to management over the time things take, you should remember that these people are experts in their fields, so should set timelines they can deliver on. If they don't know how long assays take for example, then I would not consider them to be industry experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.