AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Timb89,These options "were" listed options (not put or call...

1. 510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Timb89,

These options "were" listed options (not put or call options) which are bought and sold on stock market the same as AVZ shares, which at the time had ASX ticker AVZO.

The reason I say, "were" and "had" is because they have since expired (in May 2020), and to convert them to AVZ shares, you had to pay a $0.03 exercise price before May 2020. In other words, my 200,000 AVZO options which cost $0.017, required me to pay an additional $0.03 cents (totalling $0.047) cents to get converted to AVZ shares, which is the cost of each AZV share purchased that way.

As an example, if you type FFXOA in ASX ticker field, you will see the "currently" trading options (very light on depth and volume) which have an expiry date of 17 October 2021 (next month) and exercise price of $0.15 cents to convert each option to a share (I also own FFXOA).

Traded options are quite common and a great way for leveraging (can buy more options and hence eventually shares for less money) if the share price in trending upwards, conversely you can also lose money very quickly and at time in totality (if options expire and not worth exercising) ... hence a riskier play, hence potential higher reward for risk taken.

You will find many many posted about "listed" options on hotcopper, which will explain how they work. They are usually created and issued as a sweetner when a small cap does a capital raising, which is more often than not. In other words, small cap companies re the ones that have "listed" options that you can buy and sell on the market like any other share.

Regards,

Zippy1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.