AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-53575

1. 5,632 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3078

Fyi, It's All happening Blue, never a Dull moment for the Minister of Mines in the DRC

As,

THE Democratic Republic of Congo is “the Saudi Arabia of copper, cobalt and hydroelectric generation potential”, according to Robert Friedland, the executive co-chairman of Ivanhoe Mines which started production from its Kamoa-Kakula copper mine in the DRC in May this year.

Taking part in a panel discussion at the FT Mining Summit, Friedland said that it was “blatantly obvious” more foreign mining companies were going to invest in the DRC because it was “the logical place to mine”.

Turning to the latest regulatory developments in the country, Friedland commented:

“We are seeing a very practical, very clear approach to solve the problems and stabilise the jurisdiction"

"The Congolese government sees very clearly you catch more flies with honey than vinegar”.

He added: “We are developing the largest, newest, highest grade copper mine in the world and we are here because the DRC is the intelligent place to be”.

Friedland said this assessment was reinforced by the growing global emphasis on ESG (environmental, social and governance) factors because of the much higher grade of the copper deposits in the DRC compared with other major copper producing countries, such as those in South America.

“This is a whole new parameter"

"If my mine is ten times the grade of your mine, then I am using one tenth of the steel; one tenth of the concrete; one tenth of the electrical energy, and I am generating one tenth of the global warming gas per unit (produced) compared to a competitor.

“Once you apply environmental ESG factors to the production of copper it’s very clear that the Congo is the logical place to be mining the metal".

There’s no hydro-electric potential in Chile for example.

This is Mining 101.

"Big is good; large amounts of metal is good; high grade is good; freedom from ice and snow is good; hydro-electric power is good and (you also have) a young, hungry, highly intelligent Congolese population that wants to work.”

https://copperbeltkatangamining.com/

During the meeting of the Council of Ministers last Friday, Antoinette N’Samba Kalambayi, Minister of Mines, reported that the Mining Cadastre Register counts, as of September 21, 2021, a total of 1,901 Exploration Permits, of which 223 have expired for non-payment of surface rights (fiscal year 2021), 156 forfeited and 774 active research permits.

She recalled that any exploration permit confers on its holder the right to carry out exclusively research work and not exploitation work, within its perimeter.

Moreover, the holder is required to pay the annual surface rights; to present and obtain the approval of the Environmental Mitigation and Rehabilitation Plan before any start of the research work as well as start the research work within a period of one year from the issuance of the title.

This is still not applicable in many mining areas.

The Minister also announced the start of the Mining Cadastre Audit “within a reasonable time”. The objective is strict compliance with the mining legislation in force by both mining operators and State agents and officials.

Antoinette N’Samba Kalambayi, announces the suspension of activities for certain mining companies. Control missions are also deployed.

https://copperbeltkatangamining.com/

The Minister of Mines, Antoinette N’Samba Kalambayi signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation between the DRC and the United Arab Emirates in the mining sector.

It was during this stay, from September 29 to October 1 in Abu Dhabi, at the invitation of the Minister of Energy and Infrastructure of the United Arab Emirates, Suhahil Mohamed Al Marzouel, sources from the Ministry of Mines reveal.

As soon as she returned home, she launched the evaluation of the SICOMINES contract.

During her various meetings, in addition to the presentation of investment opportunities in the Democratic Republic of Congo and the difficulties of the Congolese mining sector, the Minister of Mines made available to her partners, the general mining mapping of the DRC, in terms of opportunities and challenges in the sector.

“The United Arab Emirates have become a hub for precious minerals. With that, it turns out to be imperative to consolidate a frank policy of collaboration which will be deployed within the framework of diplomacy, ”said Antoinette N’Samba Kalambayi.

https://copperbeltkatangamining.com...igns-memo-with-the-with-united-arab-emirates/

Made in Africa !.jpg

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

Mining.png

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen sooner or later

What's that you ask

DRC - “the logical place to mine”

Food for thought

Frank

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.