AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-54214

1. 2,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    Trying to better understand the nitty gritty of mining process here. I am hoping I am in that middle ground between some of the astounding posters here whose research I am in awe of (particularly @elphamale) and those just trying to be exposed to lithium.

I get really confused flipping between Reserve (Proved and Probable) and Measured, Indicated and Reserved. So trying to better understand this. This post will be half thinking out loud/half questions. Hoping this helps others at my level and please feel free to correct all mistakes.

Let's begin...

It's easy for me to get my head around producing 700kt of SC6/year and it being sold for $xxx, but beyond that what is the relationship between LOM, 4.5Mtpa operation and the overall size of 400Mt isn't as intuitive.

The 4.5Mtpa is obviously the feed amount as 131.7/4.5 gets us to our 29.5 LOM (upgraded in July). And this is specifically in regards to the Roche Dure pegmatite (boggles the mind).

A few specific questions surrounding this:
    - Is there anyway to arrive at the 700kt a year figure ourselves? Or are 4.5Mtpa operations just known produce approx. 700kt of SC6/year at full capacity? I would have thought grade has something to do with it? If so, I'd be interested to know what say a 0.1% or 0.2% in grade will do for SC6 output.
    - How do the Measured/Indicated/Inferred come into this? If all 400Mt were mineable, wouldn't this put our LOM at (400/4.5) at 88 years, obviously assuming no upgrades to 10-20Mtpa. Although, I have no doubt I am misinterpreting the distinctions between these two resource size categories.

Old reserves as per DFS
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3714/3714495-ffde13265a38cc52fb9a4e0e0fb1d3ac.jpg

New Reserves as per July Announcement
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3714/3714585-0d3f8a490420d560c4aaa2e442ead59a.jpg

I have way more questions to come, specifically around expansion/ownership/overall size, but I think these should be tackled first. Hoping this suffices as doing a significant amount of research before coming and expecting free answers. However, my suspicion is that I am not the only non-expert here trying to get my head around a field that I am not formally educated in.

Last edited by Timb89: 22/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.