AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-55157

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    I remember when Nigel attended a conference in South Africa ( I assume without any vaccination which was rife with a new variant of Covid) and I thought wow this guys has just potentially put his life on the line for this company. I wouldn't have gone!

A few months later "during the hot air fest" as you call it I asked the question of mgmt when will some of the mgmt team hoping to return to DRC. They said imminently. This was also around the time that Nigels age group had just qualified for there vaccination in WA and I thought yes that makes sense... get fully vaccinated this time round then go. I suspect they have plans to go there for the big DRC battery conference to be in person... but remember that AVZ is based in Perth and he will need to spend 2 weeks in hotel quarantine on his return. So difficult decision if some contractual obligations need to be closed off during quarantine time...

How would I play it ? I would go to the DRC conference late Nov... Then stay there until WA opens up with 80-90% double vaccination rate then return to WA when no quarantine is required in WA prob around Xmas. The caveated to all this of course is if he is in detailed negotiations for various parts of the project right now with contacts that requires him to be in Perth or be face to face with various parties??

There is the possibility that the Mcgowan govt decides to not lift restrictions even after 80-90%double jab... Tricky situation really. We need him in the DRC but we can't afford 2 weeks in hibernation either at this time. Perhaps the logical thing is to split duties between chairman and CEO temporarily.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.