AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-55355

1. 2,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5677

What your presenting is blatant unjustified S.C.A.R.E.M.O.N.G.E.R.I.N.G.!

Some of the largest mining companies in the world have operated very successfully for years in the DRC
    , such as Glencore and Ivanhoe with huge tier one copper and cobalt deposits, so NO they have not been confiscated. and the big daddy of them all BHP is looking to acquire a DRC copper project. Further, money is pouring into the DRC to develop the country's mining and infrastructure and the rating agency Moody's recently upgraded the DRC to positive.

'The positive outlook recognises the DRC's robust economic prospects driven by the mining sector and potential for improved economic resiliency from the implementation of structural reforms under the current IMF program. The positive outlook also reflects the increase in official foreign currency reserves which are set to continue to accrue over the coming years, may reduce the exposure to downturns in commodity prices and the severe episodes of macroeconomic volatility associated with them'.

The new government is also very pro mining, and positive into developing the country, and is encouraging investment. The notion out there put up by our WA inc competitors that there will be confiscation is plain dumb....imagine what that would do to new investment in the DRC!rolleyes.pngrolleyes.pngrolleyes.png

I'd personally would be worried about the risks getting a mine up and running in Western Australia with a lot of red tape. For instance it took two years before LTR could fully access their Kathleen Valley deposit to drill it because of native title issues. And take Gina Reinhart's Western Australia's Roy Hill iron ore mine which was strangled by red tape.

"They spent nearly five years conducting studies, preparing reports and otherwise completing various applications for approvals – which in turn had collectively been ‘under consideration’ for more than 5 years. They needed 4,000 primary and secondary approvals. The resultant compliance costs were out of all proportion to the project risks .They also presented a major hurdle to achieving the complex funding required for a project of this scale."

And as Freehold stated the support for AVZ's project from the DRC government is an understatement! They want to showcase the largest lithium project to the world as an example of what happens when companies invest in the DRC!, to encourage more investment and therefore I feel very safe in my AVZ investment in the DRC.

AIMO
    Last edited by Mining8: 04/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.