AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-57219

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5565
    I think that lithium will be in such short supply that Tantalex will "attempt" to process the dumps. If you look at EMH in Europe their resource is around that level of lithium grade also, alot of it in the form of prev mine waste. The issue for Tantalex is can they process dumps to SC5 or SC6 and economically? The digging and crush is/may already be done but they may have to process 3x as much ore to get the same result as AVZ . This may turn out to be cost prohibitive given the transport distances to port.

I expect Tantalex to attempt to lobby and ultimately pay AVZ for access to infrastructure like road and transport to port. In other words to attempt to piggy back on AVZ. To what extent Nigel is prepared to allow this is uncertain. I think he will not be keen unless there is some considerable $$ in it for AVZ to make it worthwhile.

However if Tanatalex were to supply their SC5 SC6 as feedstock to the AVZ PLS/Hydroxide trains then this may end up being a viable option. That is AVZ buy Tantalex SC5 SC6 at mine gate for processing to PLS/Hydroxide onsite. Transport problem solved. AVZ would make a motsa if this was the case as they have all this feedstock waiting to go and several a hungry processing trains onsite .

Perhaps at the time that AVZ have the PLS Hydroxide trains up and running AVZ could logically make a move on the acquiring the dumps if it deems they were economic. To my understanding there is 70-80 years of mine waste onsite million and millions of tonnes of it. Lithium prices would have to remain high.

Last edited by Freehold: 18/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.