AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-57237

1. 6,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1932
    It is pretty obvious that the reason AVZ is looking at enriching its spodumene on site is not only driven by the DRC's wish to process the product locally, but also to overcome the transport bottleneck and ramp up production to several times the 2020 concept study.

In the last interview Nigel mentions from 6% SC6 and 94% waste to reverse this to 94% lithium and 6 % waste, to overcome the bottleneck, dramatically reduce transport cost and remove the handbrake from the project. Don't forget the economies of scale will throw and entire different light on the costing.

Taken this in consideration, the transport route will not only be used for transport of produced product, but also for supply of required chemicals to be able to process the SC6 further.

Also the mention of Methanol production from sugarcane to provide fuel probably for the calcinators, was a nice addition.

However taking the above in consideration, I think it could well be that Tantalex has to think about their transport routes etc.
    Selling Tantalex' product to AVZ to process would be one solution. A win win for all.
    Without AVZ's support, I think Tantalex doesn't have much chance to get of the ground.

Observing Nigel's smile when the Tantalex issue was mentioned, it is obvious AVZ's BOD have discussed this and how to deal with it.
    I don't think somehow, that if Tantalex wishes to sell that they will get a premium price for their resource.

It would be great to see Tantalex DFS, to see what their intentions and costings are.

All IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.