AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-57326

1. 3,074 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1569
    Oh of course Manono has the largest known so far amount under the ground no hassles there. Was just trying to get my head around the statement of 300m to be dug out of LTR first. When I read through the full DFS I could have sworn I’d seen something about the box cut for the underground being developed first then the tunneling to the underground happening together with the pits so that pit material feeds the plant until underground develops to the first 2.5Mtpa mark then scales up to the 4Mtpa from just underground (not far from the current % ownership of a full 10Mtpa operation AVZ is heading towards and more than the current % ownership of a 5 Mtpa operation at Manono - thus my continuing interest in both spaces). In terms of depth of open cut, I think even the most deep currently drilled resource is only about 450m down and the diagrams I’ve seen of suggested mine plan staging show the open pits are not close to being even half that depth so not sure about the 300m of open cut to dig.

Anyway, seems many here are keen to only reference one prospect not perhaps allow discussion of comparison to the other one that is “similar” in terms of timing, release of documentation and possibly method of processing to ultimate products so maybe I’ll get screamed at for even trying to better understand why the “they have to dig lots first compared to us” is so relevant (without considering the “once dug to underground there becomes very selective mining opportunity without having to remove more stuff on top” possibility). I’ll leave it there as I think natives here will become angst and that’s not my intention here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.