AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-59211

1. 135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 318
    Hi @Freehold, not sure if your referring to me, but yep, I've been this since 1.4 cents (Late 2016, prior to MMCS court case ruling over ownership).

In the beginning it was the potential size of the deposit that made me take a (sizeable) punt, along with a lithium / EV thematic that appeared to be starting to heat up (as it turned out, prematurely). Sold some in the 20's in 2017, and bought back in the 5s more recently. I followed the basic approach: "get in pre-exploration, sell some on the hype, get back in after the orphan period, stay for production" (hardly forensic, I know, but it's worked well for me over the years and I tend to stick to it).

Well as you can see, I'm now at the "stay for production" phase, and while I may off load a few over a buck, I'll be keeping more than a few for 2 reasons:
    1. If it gets to 1.40, it'll be my 1st 100 bagger (this is a pure vanity play and has no logic to it what so ever)
    2. I genuinely believe if it gets to production, it could be a nice divvie payer one day

One of the other reasons I invest pretty much 100% of my (share portfolio) capital in African countries is the R v R equation. I've travelled & worked extensively throughout sub-saharan Africa and have formed a semi-educated view that in some African countries, most risk (sovereign, political, economic etc) is 90% perception. Don't get me wrong, It's definitely more risky than other jurisdictions, but generally speaking, the potential returns are 10 fold like for like. So when I see decent looking plays in what I consider to be less risky / faster developing African countries, run by ASX listed micro-caps (at the time), with decent management teams, I invest. And not forgetting that saying "Africa" is like saying "Europe", A cheap shot example on sovereign investment risk would be Namibia = Switzerland / South Sudan = Albania (please excuse the crude example).

But suffice to say, in this example DRC / Lithium / ASX listed / semi-decent managed team, it's been life changing for me and I have a few people to give my sincere thanks to. Some of these people have been there since I first got in (if i remember correctly, @mineralised provided some of the most quality work early on that I can remember in the early days - and continues to do so on the bird etc). Some more recently, and are still providing quality, reasoned, balanced research, arguments, insights. To you people, I can't thank you enough:

@mineralised
    @Freehold
    @TheArchitect
    @8horse
    @Scarpa
    @Haplo

Also, special mentions to @FrankMe, @Deboss, @qball - you guys keep it together well amid a sea of crap. Thanks fellas. Im genuinely sorry if I've left out any other helpful posters, but Im sure you know who you are!

@setfire2thehive - Many thanks to you for your recent input on AVZ and also all of your high quality work on my other life changing stock in Zimbabwe, (no cross promote, just genuine thanks).

I wish all the best to all my fellow shareholders in AVZ. Don't get me wrong, there will be a time to sell out on this amazing ride (and there's guna be more than a few ups and downs to come), but something tells me now aint that time... In fact, I think selling AVZ shares now would be akin to selling Standard Oil Company shares just before the launch of the Model T Ford.

Cheers, all IMO.

Powerage

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.