AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-62155

1. 4,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4693
    I wouldn't say zero chance , The company could be taken out by a non Chinese entity pretty swiftly after ML and before all conditions precedent to the completion of the deal are actually met (agreed upon) . What are these conditions ?

We know that (1) will / has passed through ; (2) is what we are currently patiently waiting for and on granting that would be 2 of the 5 in the bag, (3) Collaboration agreement ..straight in the bag. (5) not an issue.

(4) - This one does have a potential 'one in the chamber'.

1) CATH obtaining the requisite Chinese regulatory approvals for its investment in the Manono
    Project;
    2) the Mining Licence for the Manono Project being granted to Dathcom Mining SA (“Dathcom”);
    3) the entry by Dathcom and the DRC Government into the Collaboration Development Agreement;
    4) Dathcom board and shareholders making a final investment decision and approving the
    transaction; and
    5) entry into a variation deed in respect of the existing offtake agreement with Yibin Tianyi.
    The CATH agreement subject to terms i.e 1 to 5 as above ,would have went some way to cementing II. Proof of financial capacity; which along with I. and III. as below, which are also cleared , we now just wait on (IV) FTO, which when / if gets granted, the ML would follow suit up to a maximum of 30 days

I. Environmental approvals;

II. Proof of financial capability;

III. Favourable cadastral opinion; and

IV. Favourable technical opinion (FTO)

Even though the CATH deal has been very beneficial in shoring up some areas and has added significant tick and flick weight to the ML administration boxes .... personally the CATH deal also had me thinking that there was a bit too much Chinese flavor in this dish, particularly for FT whom has been trying to balance things up.

Should a big western name, with large scale mine operational experience were to come in and drop a bid on AVZ at an attractive figure / terms, after the ML and before conditions 1 to 5 of the CATH deal were all zipped green; then there could potentially be some clam action on condition 4, if a western name suited DRC a bit more than a Chinese one, whom will effectively take 24% of the overall project as a start should all their cards play out.

Anyway just some musings whilst we wait

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.