AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-63835

1. 3,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    we had another poster who used the "how bad is it" sentence - intended as sarcasm, with every post.

Tanking means one thing - the price is down, significantly.

When some are panicking they are not going to engage with the "not tanking" message.
    Others just find it just not necessary, or productive in a discussion.
    Just my opinion and not meant to be an insult.

Thought this was an interesting on Quora
    Why don't Americans understand sarcasm or irony?

Truck DriverAnswered 4 years ago · Author has 10.8K answers and 24.7M answer views

Americans understand it just fine.
    We just don’t use it in common conversation as much as, for instance, the British.
    In British culture it’s apparently considered ordinary to pepper a normal conversation with sarcastic and ironic comments.
    In America we call that “being a jackass”.
    Sure, we enjoy plenty of irony and sarcasm in our comedy shows…because they are comedy shows, and not real life.
    We would not speak to our friends the way sitcom characters speak to each other.
    From our perspective it’s rude, condescending, and at times even offensive.
    If the friends from Friends really existed, ironically, none of them would likely have any friends.
    So why this myth that Americans don’t get sarcasm or irony?
    I have no idea. American popular entertainment is viewed all over the world. I think we’ve proven over a thousand times over that we can, and we do, employ sarcasm and irony to great effect when we choose to. That anyone could believe otherwise makes me call their own intelligence into question.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.