AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-64444

1. 5,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3078
    Not to worry my friend ( Sam-I-am ) because when i read stuff like this, along with all the other stuff i read on a daily basis, well, my only conclusion is, wait for it, see below, as

Mali, Ghana or the DRC are home to lithium reserves that can be a game-changer for Africa

The growing demand for lithium is prompting many mining companies to take an interest in the planet’s untapped reserves.

If Africa still occupies a marginal place on a global scale, Mali, Ghana and the DRC are home to reserves that can change the situation.

In the DRC, Zijin Mining is active in copper mining in partnership with Ivanhoe Mines, and is embarking on lithium exploration.

The Chinese mining company announced on January 24 the acquisition of two mining permits near the Manono project of the Australian AVZ Minerals.

Covering a total area of 435 km², the licenses are held through Katamba Mining, a joint venture with Congolese national company Cominière. Zijin Mining’s objective is to identify exploitable resources “in order to improve its competitiveness in new energy minerals”.

Used mainly in the production of batteries, in particular those of electric vehicles, lithium is increasingly sought after, like copper.

If the DRC dominates the African production of the red metal and should soon be one of the top three producers in the world, the Central African country is still behind with regard to lithium.

*Alongside Mali, Ghana or Zimbabwe, the country nevertheless has great ambitions for this metal of the future and, in the medium term, can already count on the Manono project to become a lithium producer.

Where will new lithium supply come from in 2022?

The lithium market faces its biggest ever shortage in tonnage terms this year as labour shortages and border closures due to Covid-19 hinder mine expansions in a market already suffering from a lack of new supply.

Project ramp-ups are at the risk of delays that could result in a supply shortfall of around 26,000 tonnes of LCE this year, according to Benchmark.

That could keep lithium prices high if sales of electric vehicles continue to grow at the same rate after more than doubling last year.

www.benchmarkminerals.com

*To remind what Simon and Simon said, plus a Tweet or two from our friend Elpha

Simon Moores on Twitter 5-Feb-22.png

elphamale on Twitter 5-Feb-22.png

Simon Hancock on Twitter.png

Elphamale grade and scale.png

So in light of all that, along with this comment

We can already count on the Manono project to become a lithium producer.

I'm pretty confident that,

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining the Monsters of Manono Bro

It might not happen overnight, but mark Barts words, it will happen

Cheers

Frank

#Cheers.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.