AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-66930

1. 101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss claims like this. The size and quality of the AVZ resource has been known for a LONG time. The fact that there is going to be a move away from ICE vehicles has been known for a long time. Yes AVZ was a risky investment back in the day, but it really did not take a rocket scientist to work out that there was big money to be made here for those willing to take the risk. There ARE a number of people lurking around that have made a lot more than $1 or $2 mil from AVZ.

Hypothetically, if someone was sitting on a $5-$10m gain, would an option not be to just hold the shares indefinitely and use them as collateral? Now that AVZ is in the ASX200 it will increase the ability to borrow against the shares to purchase houses/Ferraris/holidays etc. Even though you would be accruing a debt, with interest charges, the interest would likely be far less than the multi-million dollar tax bill if you were to sell the shares. If AVZ continues to increase in value at a faster rate than the interest charges, you would also be ahead, even before you take the tax savings into account.

This strategy is certainly not without risks, but lots of billionaires seem to borrow against their stock rather than selling and realising a huge gain. Even though AVZ holders are not on that level, surely if the ML/BFS comes to fruition and the share price continues to increase even further, some holders have to be at the point where this is a valid strategy. This is all hypothetical/just my opinion/for discussion only. Not advice.

Interested to hear people's thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.