AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-67006

1. 644 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 245
    Hi @jongo, spend the money and speak to a financial adviser, it'll save you a lot more in $ and time than you'll spend. I get where you're coming from, but I'm not even going to hint at making a recommendation on an anonymous public forum on which way you should go. There's way too many variables.

I'm sorry but the 22.5% is incorrect, I understand you're multiplying it by the full capital gain instead of the 45% on half, but you're better doing your calculations properly. +2% Medicare levy I didn't add in my previous post.

Regarding your SMSF investments, you need to consider your preservation age (see https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/super/in-detail/withdrawing-and-using-your-super/withdrawing-your-super-and-paying-tax/?page=2). You're 61 so I'd hazard a guess you've reached it. BUT you can only access your super without tax implications once you've reached your preservation age AND retired; OR you've reached age 65 regardless.
    If you're still working you'd need to start a TRIS, which limits the amount of super you can access anyway, and there are still tax implications albeit with offsets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.