AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Current shorts are much higher. About 4-4.5% of the float by my...

1. 715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400
    Current shorts are much higher. About 4-4.5% of the float by my calculations - a whopping 250 million odd AUD short. That’s a significant bet anyway you look at it,

ASIC are dropping the ball by not updating the register for about a week and a half now. This is across the board and not linking to only AVZ.

It will be interesting to see tomorrow whether the shorts were as aggressive in Thursday’s trading as they were on Wednesday. 10 million shorts for AVZ is very substantial - the fact it happened in one day is quite eyebrow raising. I suspect we will be close to that once again for Thursday.

All this means relative good news for LTH looking for a top up. Personally, I’m a little annoyed that I wasn’t even more patient to wait for the mid 90’s (even low 90s). If we don’t have significant FA news then we will likely see that in Friday’s trading.

Of course, the shorts might know something that we don’t. This is the ASX. Dodgy crap happens all the time. Price suppression for AVZ has usually paved the way for underwhelming credit raises. Though with 70 odd mil in the bank and funding supposedly secured (hopefully more news on this tomorrow/Monday) you would think we don’t need another underwhelming credit raise. Though you can never truly rule it out with AVZ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.