AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-70702

1. 3,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1620
    As I understand the status from announcements published to the ASX by AVZ, AVZ currently hold 75% shareholding of Dathcom which holds the rights to the Manono deposit. Of that 75%, 15% was acquired by AVZ from Dathomir Mining Resources (during 2021 if I recall correctly but maybe late 2020?).

Of the remaining 25% of Dathcom not now owned by AVZ but which is owned by Cominiere, I understand that AVZ has previously announced it has a shareholding agreement right to acquire 15% and the other 10% will be held by the DRC government. In the latest announcement to the ASX we are told there has been claim made against that earlier acquisition of 15% by AVZ from Dathcom. It’s referred to as the “Dathomir claim” in the latest announcement so I assume it is a claim made by Dathomir Mining Resources and I assume has got something to do with an argument (which AVZ has announced it sees as being without foundation or merit and made vexatiously) about the original share transfers in 2021 (and/or 2020?) not being valid. The latest announcement says that an appeal against and ministerial review of a decision has been made. What I don’t fully get is the announcement also says that the decision appealed against, the ‘Tribunal decision’ does not purport to nor in fact has any effect on the 75% shareholding AVZ has - so why is it even announced as being relevant?

Seperate to the Dathomir Claim we have also been told in the latest announcement that Cominiere has purported to have transferred the 15% which previously I understood was subject to a right to purchase by AVZ via shareholding agreement in Dathcom instead to Jin Cheng Mining and that such transfer would be invalid and of no force or effect.

Then there’s the announced intention to sell 24% of AVZ’s share (well actually AVZi as subsidiary of AVZ but let’s keep it simple), to CATH etc which we are waiting to see completed.

So the way I see it from what has been announced to and through the ASX by and authorised by AVZ, at best for AVZ holders it ends up a shareholding of Dathcom as:
    AVZ = 66% (from said current 75% sell 24% to CATH and acquire 15% from Cominiere)
    DRC government = 10% (via Cominiere’s 25% reducing to 10% when sell 15% to AVZ)
    CATH etc = 24% purchased from AVZ

And those seeing the total opposite view from information, scuttlebutt, other reports, other possibilities etc the low point is:
    DRC govt = 10% (as above)
    Jin Cheng Mining etc = 15% (by transfer from Cominiere but would be subject to AVZ not successfully convincing whomever that the shareholder agreement prevents that sale)
    CATH = 24% (But only on completion of sale from AVZ and I guess, as others have noted in the threads, maybe AVZ will not go ahead with that if issues above happen so as to not drop below 51% holding. I guess if that CATH deal doesn’t go ahead, that then changes the nature of potential project funding going forward but also opens the door for new range of negotiations for same anyway and the spod market has only moved up in the meantime)
    Dathomir = 15% (but only if successful in whatever appeal / review is now underway)
    AVZ = 36% (but only if the recently announced “Dathomir claim” is successful, the Jin Cheng transfer happens and AVZ sell 24% to CATH etc).

Actually another possibility I guess is that AVZ don’t sell 24% to CATH etc, do get the extra 15% from Cominiere and the “Dathomir Claim” goes away, that would leave just 2 in the boat being AVZ with 90% and the DRC govt with 10%.

So, somewhere in all that I think is what ends up happening - maybe? Everything else being said and found in other publication is likely just speculation and we await AVZ authorised announcement for any further updates. Maybe that will come when the mining licence is announced as issued. Geez there’s a lot of posturing and positioning apparent in the discussion above - time to switch off and wait to see what is going on I think. One thing is for sure, the monster deposit ain’t going away!
    Last edited by Acgm: 07/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.