AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-71573

1. 389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 311

IMO

Too much high level, country-building and DRC world-building stuff happening now to give the Zijin much airspace. Felix knows that if he can pull off full vertical integration for EV batteries, the DRC will never look back. This is his country's generational moment --

It would be inconceivable if Felix didn't bat down anything (illegal) that would hamper something this significant. Genuine progress is being made here, and tbh, reasonably quickly. Telephone meetings in Feb have turned into in-person meetings with CATL in May. Felix is entering the world stage atm, and I believe he and his ministers are smart enough no know the West is watching, via credit rating boosts, etc. IMO, the recent CATL meeting is the tell; it indicates (to me) the delicate balance of percentages are being taking care of. I might be dead wrong, but I cannot see how Felix would get his battery hub with mucking around with ownership percentages this late in the game. CATL is Chinese, but they're notable leaders on the world stage and integral to Tesla's success (and other multi-billion dollar companies).

Perhaps, in Felix's mind, vertical integration for his country IS the basic issue and everything else is back-burner.

If this is the case, I would assume continued bullish tone from Nigel --

Let's remember, it all started here, and branched out very rapidly from Dec2021 onwards.

"Study by BloombergNEF (BNEF) on a unified African supply chain estimates that it would cost $39 million to build a 10,000 metric-ton cathode precursor plant in the DRC. This is three times cheaper than what a similar plant in the U.S. would cost."

*recent dates first

• CATL has an in-person w/ minister of industry re: battery pilot plant - May 15
    • 545m African Dev Bank debt funding package - March27
    • UN establishing consultants to establish battery precursor plant in Katanga - March 28
    • Feliz jumps on a call with CATL - Feb 12
    • DR Congo and Dubai Port world to invest in deep water port - Jan31
    • DRC minister of finance announces jump in credit rating - Jan30
    • Felix meets with US Dep Security Advisor - Jan 28
    • Felix talks with his PM, mining minister and government delegates focus on Li projects in Katanga - Jan22
    • Felix tells his ministers to get busy with manufacturing EV batteries in DRC with 3 month window - Dec19
    If any of you fools think Felix is going to put with "snacks," you're misguided.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.