AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-72669

1. 2,765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286
    As a very recent (pre suspension) ex holder. Here is my views on whole situation.

Zijin case
    Zijin didn’t have a case at all from the get go for the 2 reasons.

The first is AVZ did have first right of refusal which was not followed. But that’s not the reason why DRC government involved/intervened. The second and the very reason why DRC government intervened is the price is too low and the blind Freddy in DRC would see at least $114 mi would have been lost if there was no intervention.
    IGF report all talks about massive loss to DRC with the deal but not much about the AVZ being denied of it’s first right of refusal.
    For the time being it seems the Zijin case is sorted but the point is neither Zijin nor cominiere were charged with anything.
    If cominiere and Zijin can execute the deal in such a way in the past, I am not convinced there was not been any discussion regarding the maximum price Zijin or any other Chinese are prepared to pay if the AVZ doesn’t accept the price put forward by Cominiere. As Cominiere is the one who put forward the sell price not AVZ.

Dathomir case
    Dathomir claims the 15% acquisition by AVZ is void. They claims they were too low and did not provide the fair value of the shares. Yes we know there are/were various arguments for/against the claims but the point is it’s not easy to create supportive sentiment with DRC community as it was with Zijin case and also difficult for the DRC government to go against Dathomir claims. Even AVZ lawyers have not spoken much about Dathomir claims.

In my opinion, the overall situation hasn’t been improved by much.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.