AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Tag to my previous comment above isn't working This post...

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Tag to my previous comment above isn't working confused.png
    This post references the article below, which was shared in my previous post.
    https://challengeinfo.cd/rdc-dossier-avz-larbitrage-de-tshisekedi-est-attendu-par-marius-mihigo/
    -------

Some of the information in this article dated 18th Feb appears to be new info (unless I've missed some info in previous months).

AVZ have made statements in announcements about being in discussions with 'the highest levels of the DRC government'. In this article it states more specifically that Marius Mihigo and Nigel met with the president himself on June 13 and then again on June 22 with their lawyer Christian Lukasa present as well. Then a week later on June 29 another meeting occurred with all parties involved where the president asked Minister of Portfolio Adele Kayinda to create a commission in charge of Dathcom to sort out the issues - Adele Kayinda who was implicated in the IGF report.I'm not sure we were aware of the detail that AVZ had representatives meet with the President himself on multiple occasions (assuming this information is true).

It should be noted that in August there were reports from AVZ's lawyers Momentum Attorneys on Twitter than Zijin was out of Dathcom and were quote "planning to engage differently with the country". This certainly was looking like progress being made at the time. Now with the recent information we see what "planning to engage differently with the country" meant...rolleyes.png Zijin's leaked backdoor offer to Cominiere was dated October 21.

Nigel was reportedly very confident with a lot of wink winks at the roadshows and AGM in November, along with imminent ML award insinuations. A couple notable shareholders on Twitter shared similar sentiments/winks. AVZ seemed confident that the ML was in the bag by the sounds of it. Since then the company has been somewhat blindsided by the cancellation of previous license decrees and concerned about the intentions of the DRC gov with the project and AVZ's place in it. Recent information shows evidence of Zijin making back door offers in the project again and word that the view of the state is not in AVZ's favour, as the aforementioned article put it: 'but in vain, the conclusions Adèle Kahinda did not go in the direction of the Australian company and recommends on the contrary to reduce its role in the project, even to exclude it from it.' Seems that in the time since the AGM the corrupt Zijin and Cominiere have managed to influence the Minister of Portfolio enough to possibly even consider kicking AVZ out, with AVZ querying the Minister of Mines' decision and intentions whilst scrambling Marius for a meeting with the President to sort this issue out. The exact position of the Minister of Mines who cancelled Dathcom's ML decree remains unclear. It is implied that AVZ would take the DRC gov to arbitration if corruption were to be awarded and AVZ kicked out.

From the info available AVZ's hopes appear to rest with Marius and the President. A question I have is why the President didn't end this back in June with the evidence clearly in AVZ's favour from all the way back then (IGF report, Cominiere lies, etc)? Why has Felix neglected the issue and deferred it to other ministers? Has he intentionally set-up the MoP to expose her corruption? I'm thinking all his weeding out corruption talk is just a way to make the DRC look more attractive and lure in Western companies, cause when it comes to taking action on these words he simply doesn't.
    This should be an easy case for the President to enforce, the corruption is so blatant and the country's own NGO corruption watchdog which he has praised so much are sided with AVZ, and from the very beginning of this issue.

The saga continues smh
    Last edited by Revali: 20/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.