AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

So some holders keep bringing up the American vs China issue...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    So some holders keep bringing up the American vs China issue which is a fair and obvious point if the whole project is lost to Zijin. I obviously get why a degenerate Chinese mining company having at least some control over global lithium prices would be a major strategically issue of concern for Americans and the West as a whole.
    On the other hand, a positive outcome for AVZ would still mean CATH (China) would have some ownership over the project. No I'm not suggesting a partnership with Zijin and CaTH are the same since they are both Chinese (let's spare each other from the obvious details and implications of a partnership with either parties. I note this is an exercise only as a partnership with Zijin currently is not even being contemplated by no one, nor should it be). Bottom line is the Americans may only benefit from a positive outcome for AVZ indirectly.
    If Lithium as a strategic asset is to achieve a fraction of the status as oil in the future (and it may well be if all goes to plan) then in my opinion it would not be in America's interest (West by extension) to simply not hand it over to Zijin but be ok for it go to CATH instead. Geopolitically speaking ownership is what matters, don't take my word for it, look at Iraq, Syria, Venezuela and now Russia/Ukraine (if you know, you know).
    Most recent suggestions on both Twitter and HC regarding positive shifts in the DRC such as (MoM being arrested, then cabinet Ministers reshuffle, then it never happened because the pope, now the latest is both Zijin and DRC won't want to be exposed in the ICC but want to settle before April may well be another flawed hope) may all turn out to be nothing but wishful thinking.
    Plan A if you believe the ASX announcements (no pun intended) seems to be NF is going through the proper channels, following DRC law and hoping that through a positive outcome on ICC, the truth will prevail and the DRC would then right this wrong and issue the ML eventually. Theoretically this is a legitimate plan and should work, but given it's the DRC could it too little too late?
    Is NF being naive again thinking if only he proves to be a decent man with decent intentions and prove to be right in the ICC, that would be enough? Can we afford him to be this naive at this crucial point? (I'm not suggesting he is this naive)

More importantly is there a plan B?

some suggest the Australian government does not give a f* about a company in the DRC but as mentioned above this is not just a miner in the DRC as this project would have significant geopolitical importance and should be treated as such.

does NF have or should be pursuing political/diplomatic channels with relevant people both in Oz and the USA as a plan B? Is this even on his radar?
    For the sake of a plan B, should we be considering dropping CATH for an American or Western partner who would have diplomatic relevancy and power over the DRC? Frankly in the scheme of things NF is a no one in the eyes of the DRC and has been treated as such this far.
    At what point does NF come to the realisation that being right, speaking the truth and having good intentions will prove to be meaningless given the circus we find ourselves in? What is that line? Is there a line? we can not afford to be naive at this point and I believe a plan B, C and D are imperative.
    That's my 2c, all the above are my opinions only and I would appreciate all constructive criticism, please point out any mistakes you believe I made and provide evidence to the contrary. Im not here to be right or prove any point, like most on here I don't give a f* about how we get out of this mess as long as I don't lose all my money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.