AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Why do you need to lock your profile what do you have to hide...

1. 1,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1585
    Why do you need to lock your profile what do you have to hide ?

Is that correct "why do you need to lock your profile" Isn't the default setting when you sign up to HC already set at blank on everything and then you tick a box if you can be bothered?

I suspect the vast majority of new accounts don't bother ticking additional boxes unless asked to, as its not mandatory to set up an account.

Most newbies which we all were at some stage, only get asked to tick one box in privacy to start a new acct as I recall, see below....
    Receive HotCopper Mailouts

Please note that it is a condition of your account that you receive occasional emails from HotCopper. If you unsubscribe from our mailing list, your account will be deactivated until you resubscribe.

When I set up my account back in 2015, I simply didn't give it a thought and most here are probably the same, yes there will be some that read all the details on every line, but most I suggest just want to be able to open an account whether that is to post or simply to read posts.

I suspect when posters become more familiar with HC and its features they may decide (unlikely probably) to then go back in and tick the box that allows others to do more research on you the poster, but most in my view simply don't bother, it's not necessarily by some sinister or covert motive that blocks guys like you wanting to go looking for .ark knows what sneaky.png, your simply over analyzing this aspect because you're wanting for some reason to utilize this feature for your needs.

Myself, if I notice an interesting post I sometimes take a screenshot, such as CRMs recent war & peace post, so I can read it later when I have more time, or a post that says (4 example) AVZ is a dog I bet it will be broke in a year! or similar, toadee would say that for years (he still saying it on other sites, until he got axed, I guess he worked out that a broken clock is correct twice every day biggrin.png) all the way down to 4.5cents and as we all know just a few years later it hit $1.36 tongue.png (buggar we should hv sold, S..t H'pns).

I like many here suspect most don't utilize that feature very often, personally I just don't have the time to check out posters all consuming details, I make my judgements based on knowns, such as do they genuinely hold the stock, do they appear to have some sort of dislike for the stock or holders of the stock, which might explain an agenda or the content behind their post in more detail, or shed some light on where their coming from ect.

If its a regular down ramper sometimes as I I'll take a scrn shot and pull it up as a reminder if I think thats appropriate down the track for a laugh, there is no great agenda other than to say 'HELLO' but beyond that I've got better things to do. I simply dont 'get' downrampers, trolls and so on because life is to short, most of my posts if not all are usually on stocks I own, have owned, or might be legitimately about to buy into, beyond that I use to post some details graphs, stats on stocks I didnt own but it was always about the positives.
    Most holders of stocks IMO already know the negatives, so they dont need me to remind them.

So in essence no amount of digging would/will bring up any negative remarks on stocks I dont own, and I'd suggest many here will be similar because thats just the way we roll. GOOD KARMA (accept 2 trolls sneaky.png)
    Mostly in life when I piss some off it's because I talk about my observations, but it's not intended with malice I just have a big mouth and I'm rather observant, I cant help it and that would probaly also explain to some degree why trolls are trolls and NOT heros as they think. AIMO.

SYcool.png have a great afternoon and evening all AVZrs, Its still a tough gigg, just as it was in the early days, lots of shenanigans and ...tfrky goings, on fingers crossed we can get through this most difficult period just as we have for the last 6-7 years, only time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.