AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

"With 20,000 plus shareholders @$250 each that would equate to a...

1. 223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 349
    "With 20,000 plus shareholders @$250 each that would equate to a fighting fund of $5M"

Out of 22,000 shareholders, how many are really interested in what's happening? Even if you look at all the activity; posts, likes etc on HC, TSE, and Twitter, the combined number of people engaged is only in the hundreds, and not all of them are even shareholders.

The top 20 shareholders own 51%, so it's fair to guess that the top 2,000 probably hold about 95%, leaving just 5% for the other 20,000. Most of those people have small stakes and probably moved on from their punt in AVZ a long time ago.

Even if 1,000 holders wanted to chip in, we’d need $5,000 from each to hit the $5 million you mentioned. I’m not sure how many would be up for that, and even if they were how far that would go. I get the passion to see this through to the end, but when you break down the numbers, it doesn’t seem practical to rely on raising funds from the small group of holders still engaged in the journey and willing to contribute.

Either a deal comes out of nowhere, which could only happen if communication with the DRC picks up, we secure litigation funding, or we just keep dragging this out slowly until the lights eventually go out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.