AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Just found this and wanted anyone's opinion. It is basically a...

1. 402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 204
    Just found this and wanted anyone's opinion. It is basically a history of CATL.
    https://www.tni.org/en/article/the-new-darwinian-world-of-the-energy-transition#:~:text=Suzhou%20CATH%20Energy%20Tech.,of%20Manono%20lithium%2Dtin%20project.

Under the section "3.1 Strategies of raw material supply" it states:

2China, Democratic Republic of CongoSeptember 2021LithiumUS$240 MMinority interestSuzhou CATH Energy Tech. Co. Ltd., a JV of Pei Zhenhua and CATL, acquired 24% of Manono lithium-tin project.
    CATL (or CATH) never acquired 24% of the Manono Project for $240 Million. We have/had a MOU for it, but, no monies have ever traded hands that I know of.
    One point I would like to make is, why don't we here any word/info out of CATH (or CATL) about helping out/leveraging with a positive outcome with the DRC government for the mining license? Don't they care about losing a 24% share of the world's largest lithium/tin mine?
    Maybe the silence is deafening because they are working behind the scenes to undercut AVZ. If that is the case, we really should never let them in on the project if we ever get the mining license. There has to be large or even larger companies out there that would love to have that 24% stake.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.