AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-83944

1. 3,039 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 742
    Some points there Rock

Maybe the whole world isn't watching but the critical minerals supply chain is on the radar of China, USA, Europe, Australia and many others

I don't always think you have to have money on the line to be concerned about overseas issues.....whether it be famine, war, corruption, natural disasters, politics, asylum seekers etc etc but yes we have money on the line so that is certainly a motivator

I think a lot of people hoped that the DRC was maybe turning a corner post the Kabila era and that sovereign risk was maybe diminishing especially with FT coming to power with a strong anti-corruption mandate

So yes it was still volatile but from the outside there appeared to be a stronger sense that improved governance was going to be on the rise

Unfortunately what has transpired (and that no-one really saw coming) was the massive extent of Chinese influence, bribery and illegal activity and the propensity for the FT government to not stop or diminish corruption but in fact (to all intents and purposes) support it and allow it to flourish

So I don't know that it's purely greed that we ended up here.....that's a pretty strong term

Is it greed to look to invest for a better life for yourself and your kids? Is it greed to work hard to try and earn more dollars to enjoy a more comfortable life in the future? Is it greed to to identify the largest Lithium deposit in the world and understand how it could assist with your own goals but also potentially change the lives of people in the DRC who need work, developement, opportunity, housing, education and health to name just a few potential positive outcomes?

What is greed is illegal players and corrupt individuals and corporations who are willing to actively and illegally rape the DRC and it's minerals with unfathomable and massive benefit to themselves and scant regard for the benefit of any of the population or anyone else in general (including Aussie Mums and Dads) or the environmetal and long term impacts of their actions

Not value signalling here just putting out a few points and thoughts on what might have brought people to this difficult current position

Last edited by Winenut: Today, 17:11

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.