AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Running discussion on SP, page-8915

1. 9,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17869
    To be frank, you can calculate a JORC on the back of an envelope here given the deposit is homogeneous and noting its size. Probably need a quarter of the drills of PLS and other lithium plays in the hard rock sector to get to a measured and indicated resource of over 100 mt of ore feed as well btw IMO, before we talk inferred. I am not expecting a TO in the next 6 months, because as I said you can calculate a JORC on the back of an envelope here. All IMO

And for avoidance of doubt, when the 20,000 metre program is finished I suspect we will have a measured and indicated resource of 155 mt, before we talk inferred, 310 mt measured and indicated at 40,000 metre drilling before we talk inferred. Refer Post #: 34528028

In terms of the upcoming preliminary JORC suspect a measured and indicated resource of around 50 mt to 70 mt in the measured and indicated category. I also suspect they might use the 2017 drills now (but possibly not hole 7 given how far that drill was from the others of the 2017 campaign), given the 2018 drills, to then have a guess at an inferred resource given the drilling is more indepth now and the homogeneous aspect of the deposit is been better confirmed by the 2018 drills (so they might do an inferred resource number as well - possibility, so wait and see there).

At the end of the day it is measured and indicated that counts, but given homogeneous I suspect as more drills are made a lot of the 'inferred' resource estimate will find its way to the measured and indicated category in future. After the 20,000 metre drilling program AVZ IMO will have enough measured and indicated resource to work with IMO to get that to a proven and probable reserve category to undertake bankable studies btw so the resources developed after the 40,000 metre drilling program is all about what scale of development AVZ should undertake. I suspect they will start with 2mtpa, scale up to 5 mtpa (ore feed) by say 2025 - 2030 and then possibly more if demand can accomodate given more drilling would have taken place as well well in the interim? (and obviously I feel in the initial development they will deal with and set up the process flow sheet to enable capturing the tin/tantulum - and maybe niobium - credits along the way).

I prefer AVZ take this to mining and look at all funding options - refer Post #: 34487829 - to achieve that as well as the various strategies avilable to it for dealing with the issues of mine development discussed in the Road to Manono thread.

All IMO so really, I see JORC a formality so the nextstep is a PFS and then the more required bankable study (and along the way in these studies they will need to consider binding Offtake Agreements like PLS did and others to ensure feasibility of the studies. If a TO happens during any of these steps so be it, but the road map to mine development should have already started IMO because JORC here IMO is a mere formality. It is simply a question of mine feasibility IMO now -Post #: 34174854 and Post #: 34175145

Finally, the growing market application in the lithium sector is with hard rock plays, so AVZ is well placed in this market - Post #: 31661029

Good weekend all.

All IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO and VB IMO
    Last edited by Scarpa: 27/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.