AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

"until the lines of comms are opened I'm not putting in...

1. 1,884 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1131
    "until the lines of comms are opened I'm not putting in extensive efforts".

If I was Nigel (and I'm not - I've never spoken to him) I'd be willing and wanting to reply to your email (because of the amount of work in it and the support it has) but not publicly (I'd want to make a phone call where I could check I was answering the questions you personally had) because of the extra time I'd have to take to deal with all the nuance in a written public response.

Personally I have no problem with open letters - but they are inherently political forms of communication, let's be honest about that.

If what one wants is answers - straight questions, respectfully put without interspersed arguments
    and without an audience is most likely to get those straight answers.

I don't believe Nigel could answer some of your questions - about Huayou for instance in a public forum without being extremely guarded - and as a shareholder I probably wouldn't want him to.

If one wants accountability for the answers then something in writing or an audience or witnesses are required. But of course the person being asked to communicate in that situation is also going to be more wary and careful about making mistakes and getting themselves into trouble.

I believe you are in good faith. I like a lot of your questions and share a lot of your concerns. But I don't think Nigel can answer you publicly without having to take a lot of time to do it because he'd be wary (if he is sensible) of all the problems he'd create for himself if he was responding to you like you were the ASX asking him to please explain. He might carve out parts of your post he can answer publicly safely but then how that looks also becomes a judgement call.

Just my opinion. I certainly don't want to stand between Nigel and a mob ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.