AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

UNBELEIAVABLE DRC IS AT FULL WAR with the M23 AT THE MOMENT IN...

1. 10,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 937
    UNBELEIAVABLE DRC IS AT FULL WAR with the M23 AT THE MOMENT IN THE EAST
    SOME AVZ S H don't care ....OMG
    ALL about their pockets ...????????

DELIVERED BYVolker Türk,
    UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
    FROMKinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Good evening, thank you for coming.

This is my first visit to the Democratic Republic of the Congo as UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, although I have been here several times before. I thank the President for the invitation, and I am grateful for the excellent cooperation with the Government and all our partners.The vastness of this nation - that is the geographical size of Western Europe - is striking. The DRC is vastly rich in the resilience and strength of its people. It also has abundant natural resources.
    This country could, quite simply, be one of the richest countries in the world.Instead, it is today one of the poorest.The country’s human rights challenges are numerous and complex. Let me focus on the situation in the eastern provinces, where there is an exhausted and profoundly traumatised population, devastated by decades of war and conflict.In North Kivu, the M23 armed group continues to sow terror – killing and abducting local people, and also frequently targeting human rights defenders, journalists and community leaders. Children are being forcibly recruited into their ranks. Since October, 500,000 people have been displaced from areas controlled by M23, taking the total number of people displaced in North Kivu to nearly 2.7 million.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.