WBT 4.76% $2.40 weebit nano ltd

Running discussion on SP, page-4016

1. 47 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    The fact the market went down 118 points today, this was a fantastic price move by WBT.

My hope is the traders have felt the rest of the market is not looking good with the spike in inflation to 6.8%; economic news from China not great; and the USA debt ceiling deal still needing to be cleared. But AI is the new gold rush and they are searching high and low for suitable companies to place their money in. In parcular small cheap companies with an amazing potential.

WBT has a chip that would assist in AI advancement. For NVIDIA competitors the WBT chip would be a quick way of improving their competivity. Given the last capital raising advised part of the money is for marketing now is the time to push hard. I wonder if Bloomberg business channel; or CNBC business channel; or Krammer from Mad Money would want to do a serious talk with WBT's CEO. At the very least it would get the companies name out to the general public.

For me I feel this action would definitley put some pressure on chip companies to consider joint action with WBT, as media attention is the best publicity and turns the table on big companies who want to placate you and say what you want to hear and then ignore you (writing this line I thought of Orbital engine during the 1970's and 1980's and their experince in wanting to revolutionise the car engine, that ended up without any car manufacturer using their engine.)

My biggest fear is that the bigger chip companies will to lock up WBT chips, with the aim of putting it on the back burner as they do not want to waste their own R&D. And the most profitable way for some companies is to advance their products slowly not in giant leaps (I thought of Apple phones when I wrote that line.)

My last fear is that patent theft occurs. I can blame this thought on the movie of the guy who invented the auto window wipers on your car, who in the end had to sue a particular auto company for stealing his idea.

I have my fingers crossed that none of these scenarios will happen or be required, that chip companies are run by reasonable people and will be willing to pay royalites on chips they did not invent. Or at the very least offer a takeover price that we cannot refuse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.40
Change
-0.120(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $453.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.52 $2.52 $2.40 $988.7K 404.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 27149 $2.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.44 5692 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.