WBT 1.69% $2.33 weebit nano ltd

Tantalum has a long history in the electronics industry due to...

1. MTV
    1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 594
    Tantalum has a long history in the electronics industry due to it's use in the ubiquitous tantalum electrolytic capacitor. It is one of the metals investigated from early on for use in ReRAM, possibly due to it's established presence in the industry. It is not particularly expensive, with the price hovering around US$100/kg for most of the last 2 decades.

Your picture appears to be of the ReRAM developed by Panasonic and now owned by Fujitsu. It uses tantalum oxide as the insulating layer through which the conductive filament is formed. The cell architecture is 1 transistor - 1 resistor (1T1R) as shown on the right. I believe this is a current product:
    https://www.fujitsu.com/jp/group/fsm/en/products/reram/spi-8m-mb85as8mt.html

As well as the tantalum oxides, metallic tantalum is also used for one of the conductors. I believe the other is iridium, which really is expensive. Even so, the main cost is due to the relative complexity of manufacture. Simplicity is the main advantage of WBT's ReRAM.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.33
Change
-0.040(1.69%)
Mkt cap ! $440.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.35 $2.37 $2.32 $348.2K 149K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 49424 $2.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.34 21993 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.45pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.