Russia’s Long Road Toward Resurgence, page-4

1. 13,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 295

I beg to differ Spara.

Have a look at what has been achieved by Putin since the fall of the USSR.

The country was going absolutely nowhere - precisely what the US wanted, IMO.

Putin has quietly made Russia great again - from a military point of view. They could not compete with the Americans on all fronts and went for offensive weapons. While it is difficult to gauge, I would place them in the super power category along with China.

The US was the sole super power- now there are three. So IMO the US has already lost and with idiots like Trump at the helm surrounded by madmen there is only one way for them - sadly, further south!

Yes sure, economically the Ruskies might be battling largely because of "sanctions" but I think this will lead to new alignments and a more resilient economy.

OK there might be corruption but, IMO, the scale of corruption in the US dwarfs those of most other countries. IMO it is a different type of "corruption" which is camouflaged by "democratic processes" - a bit like Mighty Rome - ensure the masses have bread and circuses and we can do whatever we like!!

Last edited by Meteor: 02/02/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.