EXR 9.09% 12.0¢ elixir energy limited

Russia/Ukraine War Impact on EXR

1. 14 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I have been in a few minds over the potential impact this war is having on the medium to long term prospects of EXR as an acquisition target.

As it stood, the plan for EXR was to book as much Gas as possible and then sell to a major player in China/Russia.

With the current conflict the Russian economy is being decimated. The FEX is crashing hard and a lot of countries are trying to quickly break free from the Russian dependency for gas. Germany announced today a 200bil fund over the next few years to specifically target this.

With the EU trying to decrease their Russian gas usage, the Russian economy crashing and China potentially being the only major trade partner with Russia for the future, where does EXR sit?

China is expected to increase their import of gas significantly over the next few years and having EXR on the doorstep was a major selling point. But does this benefit still exist if Russia has no one else to sell to? China will be able to leverage a fantastic deal from Russia and it may be enough to ignore EXR completely.
    I understand that the EU will still be buying Gas from Russia for a long time but EU having the goal to 'import less gas from Russia' may be enough to wipe off a few dollars from the buyout price.

Hoping to have a civil discussion on this topic. I believe this war will have a major impact on EXR given its geopolitical location.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.010(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $135.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 13.0¢ 11.0¢ $381.3K 3.202M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 131400 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.0¢
  Change
0.010 ( 8.99 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.3¢ 13.0¢ 11.0¢ 1627269
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
EXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.