EXR 10.0% 11.0¢ elixir energy limited

I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I have been...

1. 14 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. I have been thinking over the responses here over the last few days.

There have been some fairly good points raised. I am understanding of the fact that there will still be demand for our potential reserve but it's hard to ignore that losing GAZPROM as a potential buyer will definitely have some impact. We want as many companies as possible putting in bids. While the Russian stock market remains closed. Dual exchange listed Russian stocks have lost significant value. GAZPROM lost 90% of its value.

Lets take a 2-4 year outlook on the situation.
    -The Russian economy is in shambles. Even if Putin withdrew their forces tomorrow in exchange for sanctions being lifted, there is going to be a very long term impact. I feel for the Russian populace.
    -I do believe there is going to be significant progress made in Europe to lessen their reliance on Russian exports. I don't expect Europe to completely cut off Russian Gas and Oil, especially with the Ruble exchange rate. A lower rate means they are going to be extremely competitive in price. Money will continue to rule the world.
    -GAZPROM stock price may not recover. We should be concerned with this since a lower stock price means less value for GAZPROM to raise money for a potential takeover bid. Less access to money and a terrible exchange rate will definitely knock a few Billion off any potential takeover bid they had planned for EXR.
    -China is going to acquire Russian assets like no tomorrow. It would not surprise me if Russia turns into a Chinese puppet state after all of this. Russia are going to reliant on China to have any chance at economic survival.

So the questions I put forward for discussion are this:
    -Would any EU country be interested in Mongolian gas instead of Russian gas? Or do you think the lack of infrastructure will prevent any European interest?
    -Russia is going to have excess gas with EU lowering their usage. This is going to create downward pressure on the gas price for China. How much does this impact our sale price? What could have been .5-1B per TCF could be close to halved.
    -What is our best/worst case scenario moving forward? -Given the current circumstances (share peice and the war) would you be willing to take a lower buyout in the short term?

For the record, I am a LTH that has a very significant holding. My exit strategy like many others is to wait until the acquisition (which I believe is very much still on the table) but I do like to constantly evaluate the risk factors we face moving forward.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.010(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $124.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $109.0K 991.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 1161344 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 57357 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.