Russia Ukraine war, page-116406

1. 42,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    I'm sure the same sentiments expressed by Germans horrified how owned their Govt really is.

Scomo's punch above the weight demanding WMD power to investigate is a classic hubris or just an order from Washington. I suspect the latter. Without this war it would have been more manageable with Albo but right now the only mitigation strategy is to not let the trade relationship with China gets any worse. Albo has no leverage left because Biden has kept a very tight leash.

Yesterday's Powell commentary will only drive up the cost of money to a point a recession or stagflation is highly likely. It will not help when sovereign treasury bag holders are reducing their exposure which drives up the likelihood that IR hikes need to control inflation. As an investor, we are caught between a rock and a hard place, why bother on chasing stock yields instead of rocking bond yields. Another commentary that was never ever mentioned is a liquidity vacuum in the US bond market! If this foundation breaks God helps us mugs exposed to much higher risk markets.

When US thinks it can simply focus on another war to pick its economy out of recession, our commodity exports are very sensitive to Chinese economic performance. We will suffer much more than other US vassals because we always had that blanket protection from China. I remember in 2015 when their stockmarket imploded, it was not an easy time for investors, I think that's a child's play compare to all these factors converging all together. Look at gold, getting smashed like AUD just the mere movement of Powell's jaw to disappoint the cost of money.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.