Russia Ukraine war, page-127521

1. 17,275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Do you believe that to be the situation?

I mean Russia has the ability to go around this through Belarus and has done so before. Of course, the equal defence that's built is also on any side of the Russians with the Donbass defence lines also being built over the course of this conflict.

What the strategy is seems be held with polticians being somewhat involved in the situation rather than the armies having full command of the situation on both sides.

For me i believe the Russian side in saying both military wise now and diplomatically they have asked to be considered in the direction of a neighbour and have laid out consequences that would affect them as a neighbour to be considered peacefully through negotiations even when showing the force, they could commit.

They have held restraint.

Anyway, perhaps Zelensky is as has now been shown not to be the person to be able bring peace in a civil war to his country. And has shown now i believe.

Escalation of the war was his direction. For what ever reason it has bought many countries also onto this side of conflict which never would have .

Did they also want ride the Zelensky wave of popularity rather than follow the diplomatic pathways already set in their countries over many years?

Well so far politicians have changed their minds for this wave of popularity imo

Have they rejected the United Nations as well in the decisions they have made in pursuit of this wave of popularity.

Its quite possible the politician and anything they believe leads them to remain in power curbs rational thinking for the short-term sugar hit they receive. They twist and bend rulings and alliances to suit a need rather than policy a nation holds for the long term.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.